Wednesday 5 September 2007

Borders

I never make other people's designs except when I do (grin). This was a kit from Hancocks Paducah and it came with a sludgy green border fabric which was quite dire. I stitched a better green to it but that looked dreadful as well. Today I've decided to go with the red but I'm not sure which one to go for yet.
It will be my treat to myself to stitch it on and pin it up today when and if I find homes for the remaining 10% (it is going down) of things which must have a home in my workroom. Each remaining 1% takes twice the time of the previous 1%.
And for something completely different, wasps. My window cleaners nearly fell of one of the half hipped rooves (yes blogger that is the plural of roof!) as wasps have made a nest under one of the tiles. I rang the local council yesterday afternoon, and now have an appointment for tomorrow morning to get it removed. I thought this was quite efficient. What is the point of wasps? They sting even when not threatened, they are the evil ones of the insect world.
So what I do today shall be done indoors with the windows closed. It isn't very warm so this isn't a problem thankfully.

4 comments:

  1. Well I don't know what red you'll choose or chose, but I like the top darker red..I think it grounds it...does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally....I too like the darker red at the top.(just in case you wanted to know)(g)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both of you and I was just about to cut into it when I discovered it went perfectly with another fabric, different lines but the same company as each other.
    I've found a deep blue/purple which I'm going to audition tomorrow.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say the dark one too, Sally. I tend to find a dark colour works well for a border, especially where you have a lot of pattern in the blocks (as you do here).

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog! It's good to be back.

    ReplyDelete