Tuesday 4 September 2007

Quilt appraised

For the first time I've had one of my quilts appraised professionally. There are no qualified appraisers to my knowledge here in England so sending Nostalgia to the World Quilt Show gave me that opportunity.
I an delighted! A professional has labeled the work as excellent heirloom quality in both construction and technique.
Now all I have to do is persuade my insurance company that my quilts are worth more than bedspreads, I'm hoping I can get them to apply valuations on a per square foot basis for my other show quality quilts as it isn't feasible to send all of them to the US for appraisal.
Now the aim is to make one of 'masterpiece' standard (I assume that's the top level). It doesn't matter if I never get there, it's the journey which matters.
(She also called me an International Award Winner, now that sound cool!LOLS)

3 comments:

  1. 'International Award Winner'? At last the penny drops! :-))) I bow down to you, Sally! Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, your quilts are already in the 'Masterpiece' category and I don't need a so-called expert to tell me so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,
    I do wish you'd leave your name (even if it's a nom de plume. If you are the same anonymous who has previously left nice comments, thank you.
    What do I know about you?
    I think you are English, (the wit shows), you are not a member of my family, they don't use exclamation marks. The 'penny drops' comment means you are probably over fifty.
    Anyway just use some made up name like "aka anonymous" or some such please if you really don't want to be known.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that funny, I just name mine in my head. I get to know the writing style and am forming my own image of Anonymous (1-n). I actually find it quite fun.

    Of course one day I will find out I have grouped the comments entirely wrongly and have a completely different set of reader to the ones I htink I have, but I can live with that.

    ReplyDelete