Friday 30 January 2009

Luca Antonio Monaco has arrived

I told you it would be a fantastic name didn't I? Mum and babe are very well. I've finished off the quilting and am in the process of adding the binding. So I think I might spend this evening in front of an open fire just stitching it down and burying the threads. Hopefully it will be finished for photography tomorrow morning.

I thought I'd show you the photos of the new Ikea bookcases with the toile de jouy behind the glass. I think this look far more suitable for the bedroom than rows of books and other bits and bobs.
I've added fabric to the Billy bookcases on the landing. I'm pleased with this gingham (it's a good deep cherry red rather than the harsh red of most ginghams). On side done, one to go.
This toile hasn't worked out so well. It is also a blue but this one is a blue with a purple tinge (cameras and blues are my continuing problem). Although the background of this toile is pure white, next to the off white frame of the glass it appears blue so I'm going to redo this one in the gingham as well.
Then there's this project. An Ebay purchase of a superking bed. We've decided with my hot nights (and no this is nothing naughty) we stand a better chance of getting a good night's sleep in a bigger bed. I got the bed for a song as it has some damage and as I plan to paint it anyway, it won't matter too much. (though there are one or two problems which weren't in the description)

It's a four poster but not with side and end panels along the top, just four of these delightful posts.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I love, love, love the new bookcases in your bedroom....the toile is wonderful and gives those very modern bookcases a softer look. Good job, Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, I am glad I am not the only one who uses toile like that..... Especially the black with the cream color, absolutely gorgeous... Ronda K Beyer

    ReplyDelete