Tuesday 31 August 2010

I give up

I thought when I bought the roses fabric I could use broderie perse to add them to that applique quilt I started earlier in the year. They are just too small and fiddly. I'm not happy with these and they took forever to do each one. So I'll find a larger print.
I can still use this fabric elsewhere.
And my plan for the millennium quilt? I like to do foundation piecing on freezer paper as I like the way it holds each piece flat when you add another one. Two rounds of 80 points will take forever. The points are too fine to go through a few layers at a time with an unthreaded needle in the machine. I'll print them out from the computer but because I don't have a super large printer, I shall have to print the outer round of points in quarters rather than one piece.
My admiration for the winner of Best of Show at the Festival of Quilts has got up even further.
So I suppose I haven't really given up, just finding other ways to reach the same ends.

2 comments:

  1. "My admiration for the winner of Best of Show at the Festival of Quilts has got up even further."

    I'm not surprised - her miniature quilt was amazing - but do bear in mind that though hers was smaller than yours she only did five circles. You are intending to do 25!
    Best
    Joyce F

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is going to be one amazing quilt
    can't wait to watch your progress on this quilt
    please share your progress a long the way . how I would love to be making it along side you!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete