Tuesday 17 August 2010

I've got a new camera

My husband offered me a deal, he'd buy me a super new camera but it would be my early Christmas present. I went with buying a cheaper model for now. I know I hate Christmas without something to open. I'm such a child.
Anyway at least I can show you what I've been up to. This took a day to design one eighth of the quilt with loads of rubbing out along the way. It took another day to go over the design in black pen and then to trace through to get the ¼ quilt you see here. I think I might even trace it through again so I have a ½ quilt drawn out. I find some cottons stretch so much it makes it hard to marry it all up in quarters. I'm quite pleased how the twisted spine has turned out in the border feather.
  Sorry about the mess in the bedroom in this photo. I lay on the bed figuring how it was different from the previous one and took this shot. You've seen photos of our bed before and know that the posts are vertical (as are the wardrobe doors). I'm not sure this is acceptable even on a base model camera. I feel quite drunk looking at these curves.
 It is too late to do anything about it now, I'm going to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham on Thursday. I have a plan so I don't run out of spoons. I shall drive up Thursday and probably not go to the show but just rest in my room for the afternoon. I'll visit the show on Friday and Saturday and drive myself home on the Sunday. Worse case scenario is my husband will have to come up on the train and drive me home. This will be the 2nd year I don't enter the show. Next year I will try harder.

8 comments:

  1. These feathers are just awesome, Sally :-)

    It is almost as if your camera lens is in "fishbowl" mode to have that weird distortion, very strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beauty of a design! Look forward to seeing it at FOQ next year! Hope to bump into you this year maybe :) Keep those spoons spare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design Sally. Have a great time at the Show. Not sure if I am going to make it after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design Sally. This will look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful design - what is the finished size of the completed 1/4 square?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joan, the quarter shown is 25" so full sized it would be 50" plus whatever border I decide to go round the edge, possibly another 4 inches or so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's going to be one beautiful quilt, lovely design.

    Mess? What mess?
    Enjoy your outing today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to the show on Saturday too Sally - comeing up in the morning and going home in the evening - I hope I can cope - perhaps you should do a trade in 'spoons' I might need one.......:o) hope to see you there - I will look out for you, just to say hi!

    Your new adventure looks great- love all your feathery designs. But that camera! I think I would read through the manule again and see if i had all the right buttons pushed......or take it back to the shop. Take a spare camera - borrow hubbies - you don't want rubbish pictures after wards - they will make you giddy every time you look at them.
    Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete