Saturday 23 April 2011

What a difference a day makes

This was one of  the tree peonies last night and by early this afternoon...
 It was like this. I don't know if it was the snow during the winter or the lack of rain, but this year there are just five flowers coming on this bush and the other only has three (it had about a dozen last year).
The double tulips are stunning.
And the tree fern is just starting to unfurl.
Another week has gone by with no quilting done whatsoever. I promise to try harder. Perhaps not right now as I've just heard a huge roll of thunder, I'll unplug my machine......

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, don't know where you live but I love the peonies and cannot raise them in South Texas. Yours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the way that everything is happening overnight at the moment, or sometimes even when you back is turned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look beautiful...we're still waiting for things to bloom around here.

    ReplyDelete