Wednesday 14 January 2015

Playing with fussy cutting.

I have finished marking the centre of the machine applique quilt... just the rest of it to go.

Meanwhile I have been making a start on the 36 stars needed for the Di Ford Mystery quilt. I bought some extra of the border stripe used in the first round so this seemed an opportunity to play. Not many done but there's no rush on this.


I love placing the kite shapes and just seeing how they turn out.

I placed these so you can get a good idea of how they were positioned.


I also played with this blue stripe.

This morning I woke to this view from my bedroom window. We don't get huge amounts of snow in the South of England (last year was the exception) so I get unreasonably excited. Probably because I grew up in the heat of Queensland in Australia.

And a slightly different view from our daughter's bedroom.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful stars, Sally. Looks like winter wonderland in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love your fussy cut hexies!! Gorgeous!
    The fabrics you used are so beautiful.
    And I whish we had some more snow overhere in the Netherlands..... it's just not really winter without snow, I think.....
    Groet uit Nederland, Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stars! Fussy cutting for kaleidoscopic effects is one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the effect you have achieved with the fussy cutting. I don't do it often, but it is so satisfying to see the results when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stars! How do you line up the pattern on each arm so precisely?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fussy cutting Sally, I also love seeing how each fabric will turn out in a shape. I know what you mean about snow. No matter how long I'm in Australia, I'm still confused by the weather. My brain says snow, my lawn says 'scorcher'.

    ReplyDelete